Monday, August 20, 2007

Days with my great little helper

I am going to blow everyone's mind and do another post within days of my last one! Lately Josh has been making me laugh and smile at every moment. My mom told me the other day that I am a truly lucky lady with an enthusiastic and nice little boy. I was reminded of that again when today as I started doing the dishes, Joshy grabbed a chair and pushed it over to the sink and said "I'm gonna clean up too Mommy!" He was so excited. Even though his help should really be typed as "help," as it gets in my way and adds extra clean up for me, I am so grateful for his enthusiasm to help me that it's worth it. I mean how long will helping me clean up be his favorite thing to do? So here's to you my little helper!!


Can you tell that he is in a horse phase (more like obsession) right now?




This is how Joshy loaded the dishwasher, he was so proud of himself!


This wasn't really Josh helping me, but I thought it was funny. He came and got me, so excited that he couldn't spit his words out. Finally he told me that he had made movies for Spirit to watch, and this is what I found. (Spirit is the wonderful horse movie on the TV- it has been Joshy's favorite for most of his life, but lately has made a comeback...again with the horse craze!) He also got very upset when I called Spirit a boy- he thinks any horse with such beautiful hair must be a girl- maybe that's why he gave Spirit Pride and Prejudice to watch?

8 comments:

Mary and Ryan said...

I love that Anchorman is up there. Dallas does that with dvd's too. I think you should have him help you load the dishwasher everynight!! So cute!!!

Allie said...

What a cutie! I am so impressed with his ability to help. Hopefully he will keep up the desire to clean with you!

The Reichmans said...

Hey how do you put music on your blog?-I am kind of blog challenged and I have a hard time figuring stuff out. just let me know!-anne

Brooke and Eric said...

I can't even believe how old josh is. the last time i saw him was his baby blessing so he's HUGE now!! How's life?

rachel said...

Okay you are the cutest mom. It was fun to see what you guys are up to. I hope you don't mind me spying on you like this. I just think your are the prettiest mom ever and am really a little jealous. check us out www.imazingthings.blogspot.com. catch ya later!

Steph said...

He is darling, and how fun to have a little helper. Also, loved the DVD idea --- how funny he is in to horses, although much better than barbies and dolls. It is fun to see more posts from you. Have a great day!!! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey! It's so funny how this little guys get stuck on one thing that they just absolutely love!! I am sure you know every single line of that movie. Cooper gets like that too. I know we do need to get together. I will be in touch. Next week we are leaving for Labor Day weekend....but maybe after that! Let's do it. I love that I can keep in touch with you. Your little Joshy is adorable. What a great helper!

JWolfgramm said...

Margaret!!!

This is sooo cute, I love it!! All his cleaning cracked me up! What a big helper!